Friday, August 12, 2011

Less Than a Week to Go

Going through final preparations now.  Hate to leave anything for the last minute.  I'm doing a trial packing of the bike to see how much room I'll have and what I'll need to leave behind.

Discovered one thing:  the stock KLR tail bag wasn't going to cut it.  It's size limited and not waterproof.  I will end up going with a simple dry bag strapped to the rack.  Gives me more versatility and is completely waterproof. 



I'm hoping to fit everything I need into those three bags.  One side has all my camping gear.  The other side has my tools and some personal items.  The dry bag has the lighter stuff, clothes, riding suit and heated gear.  I still have a bit of room in each bag, however I haven't packed everything I'm going to take either.

In the spirit of preparation I've also set up my tent in the yard and will be spending the night in it tonight.

No comments:

Post a Comment