Tuesday, August 23, 2011

Home

I had an uneventful 290 mile ride home from Bangor yesterday, about 6 hours of travel time, including stops. 

The dealer examined the rear tire and found that the bead was compromised and it wouldn't hold to the rim.  I'm sure that's why it blew the tube the second time.  It might have been the cause of the first blow out too.  We had to muscle it on at the campground it may have damaged the cords.  There was no way I could have made it home on that tire.  Had I tried I would have certainly had a third blowout.

I'm home today, my trip to Labrador is over.  I'm going to regroup and repack the bike and will be taking off for a couple of days in Vermont.  I've been slowly picking away at visiting every covered bridge in the state (106 +/- your definition - I've seen 76) and there are a bunch in the northern part of the state that I've been meaning to see for a while.  Seems like a good opportunity and less stressful.

I have been working on my pictures and will be uploading them today.

No comments:

Post a Comment