Thursday, August 4, 2011

Field Repairs

I had a leaky tube in the rear tire that I needed to change out.  My goal was to do it with only the tools I would be taking with me.  That ended fast when I bent the factory axle wrench trying to loosen the axle nut.  I had to grab a breaker bar from my toolbox.  I'll have to buy a 27mm socket to take with me.

It took me an hour and 15 minutes to change out the tube from the time the bike was put on the stand until I put all my tools away.  The hardest part was the final seating of the bead.  The time it took doesn't concern me much.  I'm just glad I'll be able to do it in the field if I need to.

I got to try out the Go Cruise tonight.  It works great at holding the throttle open and keeping a consistent speed.  The thing that is not so great about it is that it's hard to completely disengage it without taking your left hand off the handlebars.  You can manually close the throttle to disengage it but the Go Cruise is still positioned close to the brake lever.  You can't just flick it off with one finger like you can with a Vista Cruise.

No comments:

Post a Comment