Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Covering the Bridges

Settled in for a couple of days in South Burlington, Vermont. Visited 9 covered bridges today, spread out from southern to northwestern Vermont. Beautiful weather here today. It was great spending the day on the two lane country roads that connect the towns.

It's supposed to rain tomorrow so the plan is to visit the Shelburne Museum. They have their own steam locomotive, steamship and authentic covered bridge. I've been wanting to see the museum for a few years.

Friday's weather looks great so I'll be visiting more covered bridges.

3 comments:

  1. Hi Keith

    WOW I'm glad your ok with those blow outs. Yikes .

    Some adventures end up as misadventures that's for sure. Looks like your salvaging the rest of your vaca.

    I'm still planing my ride up through VT across to NH and back home on dirt if your interested is doing part for a few days, I know it's hard getting time since you just took 2 weeks.

    Have fun.

    Mike (redriderofma)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Forgot, the ride is middle to later October.

    If your near Montpelier on Saturday the have the best farmers market with great food too.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Mike, the timing might be a problem because I've been away but I'll keep it in mind. That sounds like a great trip. There are so many dirt roads to explore.

    ReplyDelete