Wednesday, August 17, 2011

Giving Thanks

Craig's generosity tonight with the seat bag and tire changing made me realize that I have a lot of people to thank for helping making this trip possible:

  • My wife Katya for her support, understanding and shouldering the domestic burden when I'm gone.
  • Andy for teaching me how to ride in the dirt.
  • Chris for helping me get started on farkling my KLR.
  • Doug for your support and encouragement, even though you don't have a dual sport.
  • Craig for the tire changing and the loan of the great bag.
  • Henry for encouragement and technical assistance over the many months it took to get the bike ready.
  • Joe for the use of your garage and your suspension know-how.  You pushed me into making the best upgrades to the KLR.
  • Scott for the doohickey guidance and being a great riding partner.
  • Erik for help with the brakes and assistance at the KLR Tech Day.  I want to hear all about your upcoming Trans-Lab trip.
  • Andrei for giving me the inspiration and nudge to start planning this trip.  Wish you could join me.
  • Mr. Fix and Mike at All Cycles (508-335-8142) for diagnosing and fixing my bent valve.
  • Sara for the gift card at Sam's to get my camping kit rounded out.
  • All the folks from Ebay and Craigslist who financed the trip!
  • My father-in-law, Jeff, for his excitement and support at a time when I needed it.
  • To my late father who gave me most of my tools (including the toolpack I'm taking with me) and the knowledge of how to use them.

    No comments:

    Post a Comment