Sunday, May 6, 2012

Great Service From Whitehorse Gear

A few weeks ago I was out riding with friends when a weld broke on one of the arms of my SW Motech luggage racks.  We were just riding gravel roads, nothing too hardcore.  We stopped for a break and the bags seemed awfully loose.


I wasn't too broken up about it.

When I got home I checked through my receipts and saw that I had only bought the rack about a year ago.  WTH?  That shouldn't happen.  I emailed Whitehorse Press in Conway, NH, where I bought them.  The next day I got a personalized email from Jeff Adams, the Technical Advisor.  Within a few days I got another email from Jeff saying that a new rack was on its way, free of charge.


You can see on the old rack how the arm is just welded to the frame.
 
On the new rack you can see that it's has been modified to add a gusseted piece to that arm.  I guess there must be an issue with the SW Mototech racks. 
The rear arm also has a gusset added.
The right side rack is still the old style, so I'm curious to see how long it lasts.

A big thanks to Jeff and Whitehorse Gear.  That level of customer service is pretty rare these days and explains why I've been a customer for so many years.

No comments:

Post a Comment